Monday, November 17, 2008


I was thinking of you as I skipped a rock today.

It didn't go anywhere, just stuck in the mud.

Rocks don't skip in an empty pond.

You would think as much as it's been raining on me that my pond would be full.

Where does the water go?

I would give anything for one last skip.

The rain is what's keeping it empty.

I wish the sun would come out and make things beautiful again.

The sun would fill it up for me.

Then I could skip a rock across the pond with a smile on my face.

2 comments:

Thirtysomething said...

go get her jackass! If in life you miss something that causes THAT much pain... go get her Aaron!

Mr. Lost said...

I wish I could. Not up to me. It's complicated. In the end it was decided that not causing others pain was more important than being truly happy....sound familiar? hmmmmmm. Thanks for the jackass...made me smile:)