Tuesday, November 4, 2008


Been hiding on the dark side of the moon lately....
Hiding from the sun....
Nursing my burns from the last time I showed myself to her....
I peer around the edge, knowing that I will be blinded by her beautiful bright light...
It's still worth the pain just to catch a glimpse.
While hiding in this dark cold place, I am begining to realize.....
that at some point I must step into the light and turn the other way....
The warmth on my back and my shadow in front of me will let me know....
That my beautiful bright sun will always follow me, but unless I turn around...
I will never be burned again

4 comments:

Thirtysomething said...

beautiful Poem- Do I know you? The person i'm wondering about surly wouldnt' have written this by himself??

Mr. Lost said...

Not who you're thinking of I'm sure:) I guess I didn't realize that it would show you that I was a follower of your blog. Hint...I have butterflies and flowers tattooed on my arm. Glad you like the poem... it kinda just came to me the other night and I didn't know what to do with it.

Thirtysomething said...

AARON!!!! Yay- you joined the nerdy world of bloggers! :) Who else would write like that?? you had me freaked the F** out! Nice to hear from you... stranger. :)

new leaf said...

I love it! I can't wait to read more! Maybe since I can't sing I can start blogging! Seems like good therapy like writing songs! :)