Thursday, April 2, 2009


As the train pulled away from the station, we found our way to our seats. Sitting as close as possible. I spent most of the ride just holding her hand and whispering sweet things in her ear. Once and a while she would look out the window... I thought nothing of this at the time, I was too busy studying her beautiful face. Looking back, I should've seen it coming. The train was shaking from the moment we left the station. In that moment nothing mattered. We would hold on to each other and smile, no matter what the consequences. Suddenly she looked in my eyes, stood up and headed off down the isle. She starred right through me for a second before she hung her head and closed the door to the next car. The shaking was obvious now. The train left the tracks and rolled violently for what seemed like an eternity. When it finally came to rest I found myself trapped in a twisted bunch of wreckage. I can see her through the window in the door, but I cannot reach her, I am severely injured.

9 comments:

Vic said...

This is great! I want to know more about these people, and what led them to this point in their life.

(The picture is cool - where did you find it?)

Thirtysomething said...

But......... you survived!

Mr. Lost said...

Thanks Vic, and thanks for following:) Pretty much everything I've written on here has been about "those people" or my feelings about how things have ended up. Maybe at some point I will spill the whole story. Probably will not be as interesting without the song lyrics and metephors. As for the picture, I found it on Flickr. I Love finding the perfect image to go with something I've written.

Mr. Lost said...

Bambi- I did survive but I'm still waiting for the paramedics to arrive(chuckle). I'm starting to worry that I will be scarred for life

CathM said...

I'm liking your blog a lot. Some really good writing... both prose and poems. I'll be popping back!

Mr. Lost said...

Cath- Thank you so much for the comliments and for stopping by:)

Linda S. Socha said...

GREAT Piece and photo....You have me wondering when where and how!
Love you blog and the way you put it together
Linda

Linda S. Socha said...

Update on the blog front. Hope your life is moving in the direction you want!
Linda

Mr. Lost said...

Linda- Thanks for caring, it really means alot:)