Saturday, May 9, 2009


I just can't seem to get over it....

It all started when I was very young. Watching my my dad be just plain nice to everyone he came in contact with. Everyone has always instantly loved my "dad".... or as I've been told since I've gotten older, my twin brother from a different era. He always made sure my mom was happy no matter what, and I have always remembered and noticed that.

I have so many things I want to say... but it would take forever..

Somehow I knew when I was eight or so, what I wanted. Needed. I listened to songs and understood exactly why they were written, watched movies and wanted that perfect scene to happen to me. Life is not a song or movie or fairy tale... I know this, but if you find your other half... it can be pretty close. I waited so long for that to happen. Always conscious of everyone else's feelings along the way. I waited and waited and it found me. I had absolutely no doubt that I would never Love anyone else, and that THIS was the first time I had really been in Love.

Now it seems like she hates me cause I still Love her. I know she doesn't but it feels that way. It didn't end badly... it just had to end. The problem is that I was sure that it would never end. Everything I have believed in since I was young has turned out to be wrong. Being perfect, being the best thing ever and just plain Loving someone unconditionally, no matter what, isn't enough.

Since the end of my fairy tale, I have been paying alot more attention to other people and their relationships. No one is truly happy in the end. There is always something or someone else.


I really don't know where to go from here. I had what I wanted and nothing else could compare.

6 comments:

Thirtysomething said...

I can't tell you how much I can appreciate that....... but I THINK - and i'm not sure... i've yet to find THAT kind of love again...... that when we stop lookign, it will find us... when we heal and love ourselves first again, we'll realize that they - that person who once consumed our every desire... was only a stepping stone to the REAL thing- Then again...... I haven't found it... but something in my soul tells me this is the truth- Hugs to you my wonderful friend.

Mr. Lost said...

You have definitely been through some of the same things I have. It's so hard not to think that I must have done something wrong. Or that the whole thing was a big lie or a game. People are fucked up and sometimes you don't realize it until it's too late. Makes it hard to really trust others true feelings when you're waiting to get sucker punched. I think that you're more spiritual and probably stronger than I am. Hopefully I will get there someday. But... I do have hope, because I know there is someone else out there that still believes in fairy tales. Thanks Bambi:)

Sage Ravenwood said...

I came by way of Psyche Connections (Linda's blog). There is something beautiful in a love that never fades. However I have found love takes two to complete the circle and make it everlasting.

I know growing up I used to believe that I would never divorce after living through my parents divorce...Now I have 2 of them under my belt. It's only been the last 6 years that I discovered love wasn't something to be found at the end of a fist.

Do I believe in love? Yes, it's a many splendored emotion that can be found between 2 people on the same level willing to work at it to keep it alive. Never give up hope. (Hugs)Indigo

Linda S. Socha said...

Hello Friend. Glad to see your post. Please stop over at Psyche Connections and pick up your award!
Linda

Thirtysomething said...

Hey did you write this song? i love it! very well written and composed. much love- bAms

Linda S. Socha said...

I love your writing...Please stay with us. You are special and pain ...I know you know this....is not forever...Hugs and thoughts and hoping you are back soon
Linda