Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Some things stay broken.


.... my favorite wine glass lay shattered on the floor. I quickly picked up the pieces, trying to pretend that it didn't happen. But it did. I'm pretty good at fixing things, but it's no use. If I put it back together it won't be the same. It will always leak and I will surely be cut. I will carry the pieces around with me forever. I'll reach deep into my pocket and squeeze the pieces until my hand bleeds. And remember how I loved touching my lips to that beautiful glass. I don't know if I will ever find another one. For now I have stopped drinking wine all together. I still Love that perfect wine glass deeply.... but it will always be broken.

9 comments:

Linda S. Socha said...

Well said and so true on many levels...
Linda

Vic said...

You're a poet at heart! Girls love poets (just blirting)

Mr. Lost said...

Linda- Sad but true... we all carry pieces of the broken things in our past. Thanks for the comment.

Velostat Vixen- I am a pretty sappy fellow. The fact that a seasoned blogger such as yourself would stop by my little page is very exciting. Seasoned blogger.... Yummmmmm:)

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

Hello poet,

You'll find another glass!! Keep drinking!!

(I'm continuing your metaphor, of course. Drinking doesn't solve anything. And now I'm a hypocrite.)

With luck, the pieces will soften over time and one day you will reach into your pocket and find that you're holding seaglass instead of shards.
-becky

Mr. Lost said...

SMU- Seaglass instead of shards... I Love that.
I've been thinking of going with a plastic cup next time. I don't really like them... they bore me, but they are less complicated than a beautiful glass.

Annie Wicking said...

How wonderful your use of waords are, keep on writing.

Thirtysomething said...

Again - loved it. Beatiful

Mr. Lost said...

Thanks Bambi, I hope all is well with you.

Ms. Baldman said...

Don't stop drinking wine ...

I think that for you it is about time for you to dry a new year...

Get a new glass!